Online Shopping – How To Deal With E-Commerce And E-Shops
A click makes you able to shop anything from needle to airplane, grocery to electronic items, an insurance policy to book a hotel, and everything from your home, which you have to purchase physically. Electronic devices and Technology has made life easy and comfortable. Anything you want will reach at your door with ease. There were times when one has to go to different markets for purchasing various products and services physically. Then a new concept of departmental stores and the supermarket came, where you can go physically and shop anything from needle to airplane with limited brand choices. Now e-commerce with the help of information technology and internet made life easy, where your online shopping with the help of your debit or credit card. You can order anything and will get the delivery at your home on time. No doubt, e-commerce, and e-shopping made life easy and comfortable, but it also required some tips to use this effectively and efficiently. Learn from other’s experiences is better than making mistakes and then learn. Precaution is better than cure. The same applies to the use of e-commerce and e-shops. Technology and the internet are for the benefit of the human being, but it also gets misused by some dirty minds. So be cautious while shopping virtually (E-shopping) or doing transactions through e-commerce.
Problems faced by customers in general in dealing with e-commerce:
- Mis-selling: Some of the fraud e-shop and e-commerce companies do not deliver the products and services which they are showing on their websites and portals. These companies offer different products which they are showing on their web-portals and of inferior quality.
- Personal information sold to other companies: Do not keep customer data confidential and sold to other companies without the permission of their client base.
- Information insecurity: Some companies are not using standard HTML format and different cybersecurity standards, which increase the fear of crucial financial information, passwords, and personal information n being stolen by others.
- Phishing: Phishing or spoofing means a client gets the email from some dishonest, fraud, and unauthorized sources claiming as a message from trusted banks and financial institutions and need your password of net-banking and other vital information to verify. It is a matter of high caution at the time of online shopping.
Tips for safe e-shopping and safe dealing with e-commerce:
Check-out the company’s security policies:
Before going for e-shopping, you must check all the information related to the website and company. Also, check the security policies and other precautions shown on the website.
- Prepare a budget: Preparation of budget is very important before starting virtual shopping. Decide the products and services you want to purchase online and how much money you want to spend money on it.
- Research about the company: Before going to shop anything from any e-portal or company’s website, search about the company’s history and other information related to its business operations, terms, and conditions.
- Do not share your confidential information: Never share your credit card number, your personal information, and other sensitive information on the internet in any condition, especially when you are doing business transactions.
- Keep password safe: Keep all your internet banking, credit card, and email-id passwords secure and not to give it to anybody or organization.
- Avoid spasm and phishing: Avoid all the spam messages and phishing emails to keep your online transaction safe. Spam emails or phishing may steal all your important information from your computer.
- Keep the print outs of your online purchase: Track all your online transactions by taking the print outs of your online shopping for the future reference.
- Be a smart purchaser: Be a smart purchaser and shopper by keeping all the information related to products and services you want to purchase online or from e-commerce portals.